It’s been 14 years since Derek Zoolander and Hansel first graced catwalks and fashion shows around the world, and now they’re both back and taking the world by storm. The fashionistos were recently spotted walking the Valentino 2015 Fall/Winter fashion show at Paris Fashion Week and were spotted next to the Eiffel Tower sporting Valentino’s new Camupsychedelic campaign.
The “Blue Steel” model recently put rumors to rest and announced the return of the infamous duo in the highly anticipated movie sequel, Zoolander 2. We couldn’t be more excited to see what they have in store for us, but until then let’s take a look back at how it all started. Here’s our top 10 favorite quotes from the fashion duo and the movie that became an instant cult classic.
1. “I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.”-Derek Zoolander
2. “Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.”-Derek Zoolander
3. “Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking “wow, you’re ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career.”-Derek Zoolander
4. “I’m sorry that good-looking people like us made you throw up and feel bad about yourself.”-Derek Zoolander
5. “I hear words like “beauty” and “handsomness” and “incredibly chiseled features” and for me that’s like a vanity of self absorption that I try to steer clear of.”-Hansel
6. “The designer’s got your nuts in a vice! He’s offering you three percent for every pair of underwear sold! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO!”-Maury Ballstein
7. “I invented the piano key necktie, I invented it!”-Mugato
8. “Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.”-Mugato
9. “I suggest you and your Kmart Jaclyn Smith Collection outfit… stay the hell away from Derek Zoolander!”-Katinka
10. “By the way, you were wrong about my outfit. It’s the Cheryl Ladd collection and I got it at JC Penney’s. On sale!”-Matilda