Back to the Future is a pop culture classic. From fashion, tech, the DeLorean and hover boards. The iconic trilogy set a bar that has yet to be matched, and probably none will ever succeed. In honor of Back to the Future Day, we have compiled our top quotes from the witty, to the silly and the most memorable of them all.
Story By: Amanda Del Mar
Media By: Back to the Future
10. “There’s that word again: ‘heavy.’ Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth’s gravitational pull?”- Doc Brown
9. “Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine … out of a DeLorean?”- Marty McFly
8. “Why don’t you make like a tree and get out of here?”- Biff Tannen
7. “What the hell is a gigawatt?”- Marty McFly
6. “Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?”- Marty McFly
5. “If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour… you’re gonna see some serious shit.”- Doc Brown
4. “Calvin? Wh… Why do you keep calling me Calvin?”- Marty McFly
“Well, that is your name, isn’t it? Calvin Klein? It’s written all over your underwear.”- Lorraine Baines
3. “If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”- Marty McFly
2. “The time-traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!”- Doc Brown
1. “Great Scott!”- Doc Brown
And for strictly musical entertainment purposes, Marty’s unforgettable Johnny B Good electric guitar scene.
“I guess you guys aren’t ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it.”- Marty McFly